Occasionally, in my electronic travels, I come across a list. Some are smart, others are funny, some are just plain weird. My favorites are the “Top Ten Things I’ve Learned” type. So, I got to thinking, if I were going to come up with a list, what would be on it?
- Things that are planned generally go better than things that aren’t. The same cannot be said for things obsessed over.
- In the heat of the moment, when anger presses hardest against your teeth, is when your lips should be closed the tightest.
- Never fight the spirit of generosity. The rewards of giving may be uncertain but regret caused by resistance is virtually guaranteed.
- Thoughts engender words, and words give birth to actions. Control what you think, and you’ll have less cause to regret your offspring.
- Pursuing your passion is not selfish. Done right, it allows you to offer your best self to the world.
- It costs much less to be kind than it does to be mean. Never doubt it.
- Choosing to forgive releases you even more than it does the offender.
- An ounce of prevention may be worth a pound of cure, but an ounce of communication is probably not enough.
- “Knowing all the facts,” is a mythological concept.
- Seeing through another’s eyes is one of the hardest tasks you can set yourself. It is also one of the most necessary for an honorable life.
So – these are ten of mine. What has life been teaching you lately?